What You Need For The Corn:
4 cups of frozen corn
1-2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 bell pepper any color you like, probably not yellow though
1 bunch of fresh cilantro chopped finely with a few leaves left out for garnish
1 jalapeño or Serrano pepper finely chopped
1/2 red or white onion chopped
2/3 cup of Mexican cheese (look for cotija or queso fresco) crumbled up
What You Need For The Dressing
3 tablespoons of sour cream
2 tablespoons of miracle whip (I prefer miracle whip over Mayo. It just has a different flavor to me)
2-3 limes for squeezing
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of chili powder
1. Start by heating the olive oil on medium high in a skillet. Add the corn and cook until lightly charred. 7 to 10 minutes, once charred add to a large bowl.
2. Add the chopped bell pepper, jalapeño or Serrano pepper, cilantro, and onion to the large bowl with the charred corn.
3. In a small bowl add the ingredients for the dressing and mix well.
4. Add the dressing to the large bowl with the corn and mix well. Add 1/2 of the crumbled mexican cheese. Taste, and add additional lime or salt if needed.
5. Garnish with the remaining cheese and cilantro and serve. Or cover and place in the fridge for up to 8 hours.