Servings 10 to 12
What You Need:
4 lbs of shrimp peeled and deveined
2 cucumbers chopped
1 Serrano pepper finely chopped
3 large tomatoes chopped
2 celery sticks (1 chopped)
6-7 limes juiced
1 qt of calamato juice or half of a 2qt bottle
1/2 white onion finely chopped
1/4 of white onion un-chopped
1 teaspoon of pepper
3-4 teaspoons of salt
1 tablespoon of cilantro chopped
1. In a pot of water add the shrimp, 1 celery stick, 1/4 of an onion and bring to a boil.
Boil for 1 minute. Reserve a cup of the shrimp water.
2. Add your chopped pepper, onion, tomato, cucumber, cilantro, and celery (
the veggies) in a large bowl.
3. Add the lime juice, Clamato, shrimp juice, salt and pepper and mix well. Add additional salt, pepper, and lime juice if needed or until desired taste.
Serve with tostadas or Tortillas chips. Add in ketchup or hot sauce.
Add 1 celery stick and 1/4 of an onion. Bring to a boil and boil only for 1 minute. Even when you see the shrimp begin to turn pink, wait till the water is boiling and boil for 1 minute. Then set aside to cool.
Allow the shrimp to cool before adding to the veggies.
Reserve some the shrimp water from boiling. You will add this to the shrimp cocktail. About 1 cup.
How small to chop the onion and pepper
How small to chop the tomato.
This is all the cilantro we used. Chopped up makes about 1 tablespoon.
This is the hot sauce we prefer with it.
Yum! Soooo good!
What You Need:
10oz of fresh spinach
2 14oz cans of artichoke hearts (rinsed and drained)
1 1/2 cup of whole milk
8oz of cream cheese softened
1/2-3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
2 cups of shredded pepper Jack cheese or Jack cheese
Salt and pepper for taste
1/4 cup of minced garlic (jarred is fine)
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 4oz can of green chilies
1. In a large skillet melt 4 tablespoons of butter with the garlic. Add spinach, season with salt and pepper and sauté until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a strainer.
2. In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add the artichoke harts. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 7 mins. Transfer artichokes to strainer as well.
3. Keeping the same skillet, add the remaining butter (2 tablespoons) milk, and cream cheese . Once cream cheese is melted add the pepper Jack cheese (
leaving a little left out to top it off with) and Parmesan cheese. Cheese mixture will become a little curd like. Add the green chilies and turn on low heat, while watching carefully and mixing.
4. Chop up the spinach and artichokes, then add to the cheese mixture. Turn off heat and mix well until all combined.
5. Pour into a 2 1/2 quart baking dish, top with additional pepper jack cheese and bake at 375 for 15 to 20 mins until cheese is bubbly and a little golden on top.
Enjoy with tortilla or pita chips!
Salsa made at home along with homemade tortilla chips just taste better! It’s all so easy and doesn’t take a lot of time at all!
What You Need:
3 decent sized Roma tomatoes
2-3 Serrano peppers
(1 for a mild flavor. And make sure it’s Serrano. Jalapeño will give a different flavor.)
5-8 garlic cloves (
not jarred minced garlic)
1/4 of a large white onion
Salt for seasoning
A generous handful of fresh cilantro
1. In a small medium pot bring the tomatoes, onion, garlic, and peppers to a boil. Simmer until very soft.
The skins will begin to peel.
2. Once the veggies are soft place them in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add about 1/4 cup of the water the veggies were boiling in.
3. Sprinkle with salt and add handful of fresh cilantro. Mix with a blender. Taste and add more salt or cilantro if needed.
A squeeze of lime can be added, that’s optional.
HOMEMADE TORTILLA CHIPS
What you need:
1. Stack 7 Corn tortilla on top of each other. Cut the stacked tortillas vertically and then horizontally. Giving you 28 corn tortilla triangles.
2. Heat your skillet to a medium heat with 1/2 inch of vegetable oil.
3. Once oil is heated
(it will begin to sizzle and bubble a little) begin adding the tortillas into the oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. (Use to tongs to flip)
4. Place finished tortilla chips on a plate with paper towels to soak the excess oil. Sprinkle with sea salt right away. Allow to cool.
“Every empty bottle is filled with a great story”
Fall is here!
Time to start planning those Fall social events and family/friend gatherings! A time to reminisce, laugh, story tell, and mingle!
Who’s excited for the season!!
If you enjoy hosting parties and enjoy wine this is the post for you. Take a look at these perfect
Fall Wines and these tasty foods that compliment them perfectly!
Below are 4 Fall wines and the perfect pairings for them to make it easier for your planning.
Fall Wines And The Perfect Pairings That Go With Them
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Grilled Lamb Chops
Mushrooms (add to a salad, a sauce, or a side)
Macaroni and cheese
Brussels sprouts with bacon
Gouda and cheddar cheese
Fruit based desserts
Pasta in a creamy sauce
Creamy vegetable soups
If you really LOVE Fall check out this list FALL MUST DO’S list! Click on the link below.
15 MUST DO’S For A Memorable FALL – The Best Season