What You Need:
20 oz of cherry tomatoes
1/2-3/4 of a large yellow or white onion cut in chunks
3/4 cup of chicken broth
3/4 to 1 cup of heavy cream
1-2 handfuls of fresh basil
1 whole head of garlic cut in half
6-7 tablespoons of olive oil roughly (don’t be shy with the olive oil)
Salt and pepper for taste
A few pinches of sugar
1. In a 9×13 glass dish place your tomatoes, fresh basil, onion, and garlic heads face down. Drizzle a generous amount of olive oil back and forth a few times. Dash a few times with salt and pepper.
2. Bake at 400 for 40 to 45 mins. Or until tomatoes are soft.
3. Squeeze out your garlic in a medium sized bowl and add the rest of the contents. Add your chicken broth and blend with a hand mixer.
4. Once completely blended add to medium sized pot. Bring to a simmer and add 3/4 to 1 cup of heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper and add a few pinches of sugar. Allow to simmer for 15 mins.
5. Garnish with fresh chopped basil and a drizzle of heavy cream. Serve with a yummy, crispy, gooey, grilled cheese sandwich. Enjoy!