What You Need:
10oz of fresh spinach
2 14oz cans of artichoke hearts (rinsed and drained)
1 1/2 cup of whole milk
8oz of cream cheese softened
1/2-3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
2 cups of shredded pepper Jack cheese or Jack cheese
Salt and pepper for taste
1/4 cup of minced garlic (jarred is fine)
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
2 4oz cans of green chilies
1. In a large skillet melt 4 tablespoons of butter with the garlic. Add spinach, season with salt and pepper and sauté until spinach is wilted. Transfer to a strainer.
2. In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add the artichoke harts. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 7 mins. Transfer artichokes to strainer as well.
3. Keeping the same skillet, add the remaining butter (2 tablespoons), the milk, and cream cheese . Once cream cheese is melted add the pepper Jack cheese (leaving a little left out to top it off with) and Parmesan cheese. Cheese mixture will become a little curd like. Add the green chilies and turn on low heat, while watching carefully and mixing.
4. Chop up the spinach and artichokes, then add to the cheese mixture. Turn off heat and mix well until all combined.
5. Pour into a 2 1/2 quart baking dish, top with additional pepper jack cheese and bake at 375 for 15 to 20 mins until cheese is bubbly and a little golden on top.
Enjoy with tortilla or pita chips!
1 thought on “Spinach Artichoke Dip With Green Chiles”
[…] Spinach Artichoke Dip With Green Chiles — The Wild Gems […]