Servings: 20 to 24 muffins
Pan suggestion: original muffin pan size or mini muffin pan size with muffin liners
What You Need:
1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of whole milk
1/2 -3/4 cup of brown sugar (light or brown)
1/2 cup of unsalted butter melted (1 stick)
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
2 eggs beaten
1/4 cup of flaxseed
1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl add the oatmeal and milk. Mix together and allow to sit and absorb for 30 mins.
2. In a separate mixing bowl add your flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and flaxseed. (The dry ingredients)
3. Once the milk and oatmeal have sat for a bit, add the beaten eggs, melted butter, and brown sugar. Mix well. (The wet ingredients)
4. Add your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients, combining your two bowls. Once everything is mixed together, add your mini chocolate chips.
5. Pour evenly into mini muffin pans or regular size muffin pans. Bake at 350 for 8 – 15 mins.
Note: the mini muffins cook a lot quicker. I set the time for 8 mins. While the regular size muffins cook in about 15.