1. Chop your apples and place in skillet with the 2 tablespoons of water. Place lid and allow to simmer on a medium low for 5 mins.
2. Add the butter, cinnamon, and maple syrup to the skillet and place the lid on the skillet and allow to simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until soft. Throw in some granola while hot and toss around (optional)
I think I won some mom brownie points with these waffles this past weekend. They are scrumptious! And well, with a stick of butter of in there, of course they are!
Don’t you love when you try a new recipe and you are pleasantly surprised! Of course sometimes you try something new and you experience disappointment. But sometimes the recipe risk is the best thing ever!
I’ll be making these today and actually freezing them so my girls can eat them for the rest of the week. We topped our waffles with fresh strawberries, powdered sugar, and maple syrup. I hope you enjoy these as much as our family did!
baking instructions: bake at 500 degrees in a 9×13 glass dish for 10 to 12 mins or until edges are crisp.
What You Need:
1 pack of active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1 tablespoon of sugar
3 tablespoons of olive oil plus more for coating
3 3/4 cups of flour plus more for dusting
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Whisk together 1 1/3 cup of warm water (you don’t want the water hot, it will kill the yeast) and the sugar. Then mix in the yeast and allow to sit for 10 mins until mixture is a little foamy and bubbly. Once the ten minutes are up add the tablespoons of olive oil.
2. In another large bowl mix together the flour and salt. Creat a well in the middle and add the water and yeast mixture. Knead dough for a minimum of 5 minutes adding more flour if necessary until dough is smooth and stretchy.
3. Divide dough in half creating 2 dough balls. Brush each dough ball with olive oil, placing each piece of dough in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Allow to rise for an hour and a half.
4. Once dough is done rising freeze one and prepare the other. Rub olive oil all over a 9 x 13 glass dish. Arrange your dough in the glass dish leaving some space in the corners to spread. Add your sauce, seasonings, and toppings.
5. Bake at 500 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until nice and crispy on the edges. Remove pizza from glass dish and place on a charcuterie cutting board and serve while hot.
This pie crust is flaky and delicious! Perfect for all sorts of galette baking!
Servings: Makes 2 pie crusts
What You Need:
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted cold butter chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 cup of ice cold water
1. Add the flour, salt, sugar, and butter into a medium/large bowl and mix until crumbly like texture (I like and prefer to use my hands). The other option is to use a food processor and pulse until butter is broken up and no more large chunks remain.
2, Next add the cold water to batter and combine together until one large dough ball.
3. Divide dough in half. Freeze one half for another time and place other dough ball in the fridge until ready to bake.
4. When ready to bake line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll out dough into a circle but be sure to not make it too thin. Fill galette with filling and then fold the edges. Brush the edges with egg white. Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes.
That’s it! Now you can get creative with your fillings!
Apple Or Peach Filling Recommendation:
Slice 4 medium apples or peaches unpeeled or peeled and toss in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Once mixed well place filling in prepared dough, topping off the apples or peaches with 1 tablespoon of chopped butter.
Spring time calls for lemon bars! The perfect tart, sweet treat to enjoy in some beautiful weather! This is also a great recipe to make with your little ones! Especially when pressing the dough!
Let’s get started!
What You Need:
For The Crust:
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter softened
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 cups of flour
A pinch of salt
For The Filling:
3 cups of white sugar
2 grated lemons for lemon zest
1 cup of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of flour
Powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350.
For the crust, mix together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Then add the flour and salt. Mix well, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
Once all combined flatten the dough into a 9 by 13 glass baking dish.
Bake the crust for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned. While crust is baking prepare your filling.
For the filling, mix together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over hot crust and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the filling is set and not wobbly. Let cool to room temperature. Then chill in the fridge for an hour.
Dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares. Enjoy!
Tip: place lemon bars in freezer for 30 mins and once removed will be easier to cut squares!