Chicken Fajitas Under The Broiler
Makes: 4-6 servings Time: 25 mins in oven (oven time can vary)
What You Need:
1 lb to 1 1/2 lbs of thin chicken breasts cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 lb of baby bell peppers cut in half and seeded
1 large yellow onion sliced
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 large lime
8 to 10 warmed tortillas
1. In a small bowl mix together the chili powder, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
2. Line a sheet pan with foil. Arrange baby bell peppers on the sheet pan. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil onto the peppers and apply half of the seasoning from the bowl to the peppers.
3. Place the sheet of peppers under the broiler for about 15 to 20 mins until peppers begin to blacken a little and char. (If your broiler has a setting for low or high, set it to high)
4. In a medium bowl combine the chicken strips, tablespoon of olive oil, and the rest of the seasoning.
5. Pull out sheet pan and place chicken strips onto the peppers. Broil for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Squeeze lime over entire sheet of peppers and chicken.
Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream, cheese, guacamole, or salsa! So easy and delish!
Note: This is all made with the broiler setting on your oven. You are NOT baking these. Broilers can be tricky, it’s okay to keep opening your oven to check with the peppers. With the chicken though, 5 mins is the magic number! Don’t open the oven!