What You Need:
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
3/4 cup of light brown sugar (firmly packed)
3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted softened butter (2 sticks)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 10oz bag of mini chocolate chips
1. Blend together both sugars and softened butter. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and add bag of mini chocolate chips.
4. Scoop tablespoon size of cookie dough onto cookie pan.
5. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes. (Oven time may vary. 8 minutes worked for mine.)
TO GET THE RIPPLES
Take the cookies out 2 to 3 minutes before they are fulling done baking. With both hands (with oven mitts on) beat the pan against the counter a few times. Don’t be too gentle, have fun with it. You will see with your eyes the ripples begin to form. Place back in oven to finish baking.
Set on cooling rack when complete.
Notes: cookie dough can be stored in fridge for 2 to 4 days. If you choose to freeze the dough I would recommend no longer than 2 to 3 months.