What you need:
1 lb of pinto beans
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of chopped fresh cilantro
1. Rinse beans in cold water and discard any broken pieces.
2. In a large pot add your beans and cover with water. At least 2 inches above the beans.
3. Bring the pot of water with beans to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
4. Once the two minutes are complete, cover beans with a lid immediately, remove from stove, and allow to sit for 1 hour uninterrupted.
5. After the 1 hour, drain the beans. Refill pot with water covering the beans completely.
6. Bring pot of beans to boil and then lower to a 1 or 2 on stove and allow to simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. (Mix often and add 1/4 cup water at a time if necessary. You want to make sure it’s constantly at a soft, low simmer.)
7. Add the salt 30 minutes before beans are done and add the fresh cilantro. Mix well.
*you can add bacon to the beans, or onion, peppers, etc, all optional*
Mash or serve as is with eggs, tacos, enchiladas, carnitas, anything!
Try Bean And Cheese Tacos
Place corn tortillas on some foil, add a little bit of olive oil to each tortilla and rub it all over, turn over the tortillas and place your beans and cheese, fold over, and bake at 350. 10 minutes on each side.
2 thoughts on “Quick Method Frijoles (Pinto Beans)”
[…] Quick Method Frijoles (Pinto Beans) — The Wild Gems […]
[…] Bean recipe click here […]