What You Need:
4 poblano peppers
1 cup of heavy cream
1/4 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Salt and pepper for taste
1/4 of an onion chopped
1/2 tablespoon of garlic
1/2 cup of corn
1 lb of cooked chopped chicken recipe (link below)
1. On a sheet pan, lay out some foil and place your peppers on it. Set your oven on broil and broil the peppers until they are roasted on both sides. (They are ready when they have a charred look)
2. Once the peppers are done in the broiler place them in a large ziplock bag immediately. Close the bag and allow to steam for 10 mins.
3. While the peppers are steaming cook your chicken and set aside. (The recipe above cooks your chicken in 6 minutes)
4. The peppers should be done now. Peel the skin and remove the seeds. Cut in strips. If some strips are really longer just cut the strip in half.
5. Now we are ready for the sauce. In the same skillet you used the chicken, sauté the onions and garlic with a little bit of butter or oil. Once onions are soft add the heavy cream and sour cream. Mix well. Then mix in the cheese until all combined. Add the poblano strips and corn and allow to simmer for 5 to 8 mins. Seasoning with salt and pepper.
4. Once the sauce is warm and bubbly add in your chicken and serve immediately with a side of rice. The rice mixed with the sauce is so delish.
Note: if you want more sauce just add extra heavy cream, sour cream, and cheese. Simple! And if you don’t want chicken chunks I would suggest shredding the chicken.