Making fried rice is actually super easy! I don’t know why I was ever intimidated. Follow this guide and feel free to get creative!
We served this rice with some grilled teriyaki chicken but having made this rice I really think some shrimp would be delish with it.
What you Need:
1 recipe of basic rice click here
4 eggs cooked and scrambled
1 – 2 cups of mixed veggies (I used snack carrots chopped up, frozen peas, fresh cabbage, and frozen corn) proportion it however you like
1/4 of a white onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon of minced garlic (I just used garlic from the jar)
Vegetable oil or canola oil on hand for sautéing and frying
Salt and pepper
1. Cook the rice following my basic rice recipe. Once rice is cooked set aside.
2. Heat up your skillet, add about 2 tablespoons of oil and scramble your eggs. Seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Add another 2-3 tablespoons of oil to the same skillet and sauté the onion and garlic. Once the onions are soft and the aroma is sweet add the rest of the veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until soft. Set aside
4. Add 1/4 cup of oil to the hot skillet, add the rice, and begin fry (add one tablespoon at a time if you feel it needs more oil) Ensure the rice is evenly coated in the oil mixing constantly at a low medium heat. Add additional salt and pepper if needed. Careful not to over fry your rice. Taste until your liking.
5. Add the veggies and egg to the rice and mix well.
Add some soy sauce and enjoy!