1 – 2 cups of mixed veggies (I used snack carrots chopped up, frozen peas, fresh cabbage, and frozen corn) proportion it however you like
1/4 of a white onion finely chopped
1 tablespoon of minced garlic (I just used garlic from the jar)
Vegetable oil or canola oil on hand for sautéing and frying
Salt and pepper
1. Cook the rice following my basic rice recipe. Once rice is cooked set aside.
2. Heat up your skillet, add about 2 tablespoons of oil and scramble your eggs. Seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Add another 2-3 tablespoons of oil to the same skillet and sauté the onion and garlic. Once the onions are soft and the aroma is sweet add the rest of the veggies. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until soft. Set aside
4. Add 1/4 cup of oil to the hot skillet, add the rice, and begin fry (add one tablespoon at a time if you feel it needs more oil) Ensure the rice is evenly coated in the oil mixing constantly at a low medium heat. Add additional salt and pepper if needed. Careful not to over fry your rice. Taste until your liking.
5. Add the veggies and egg to the rice and mix well.
1 1/2 teaspoon of chicken bouillon seasoning or salt (optional)
1 tablespoon of unsalted butter (optional)
1/4 cup of frozen corn (optional)
2 tablespoons of canola or vegetable oil
1. In a medium pot or skillet oil your pan and sauté rice on a medium heat until all the rice is brown and toasted. (Doing this adds flavor to the rice)
2. Add the water, bring the pot to a low, and the butter and seasoning and cover rice with a lid. Set the timer for 15 mins. Checking the rice at least 2 times to give it a mix or fluff. Once the water is fully absorbed remove from the stove, keep lid slightly on, and allow to steam cook for 5 to 10 mins.
Note: If you’re going to add corn add it 5 minutes before the timer goes off.
3. Fluff with fork and enjoy. Add additional butter or seasoning if necessary.
Note: if you want to make more rice, you always just double the water to the rice.