Makes 1 9×5 loaf of bread
What You Need:
1/3 cup light brown sugar plus two tablespoons
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 green apples peeled and chopped
2/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- First mix 1/3 cup of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl; then set aside. In another bowl toss apples with the 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Beat the butter and the 2/3 cup of white sugar together in another medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder together in another bowl, then add to the butter mixture and beat until blended. Mix 1/2 cup milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan then add half of the chopped apple mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of the chopped apple layer.
- Pour the remaining batter, and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a knife or spoon.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: comes out more of cake texture but still incredibly delicious!