Servings: 14-16 knots
What You Need For The Rolls:
3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour plus more for dusting
4 tablespoons of salted or unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup of warm milk￼
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 tablespoons of light or dark brown sugar
1 packet of active dry yeast
What You Need For The Cinnamon Filling:
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
6 tablespoons of butter softened
Or Substitute cinnamon filling for Nutella
Warning: using Nutella does get messy but trust me, it’s worth it.
1. In a medium/large mixing bowl mix the 1 packet (2 1/4
teaspoons) active dry yeast with the warm milk and the brown sugar. Let sit 5-10 minutes, until bubbly and foamy.
2. Add 3 ½ cups flour, salt, eggs,
and butter. Mix until the flour is completely
incorporated, adding a little extra flour if necessary. (I knead by hand for a good 10 mins and it works fine.)
3. Cover the bowl and let sit at room temperature
for 1 hour.
4. In the meantime prepare your filling. In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
5. Once dough is ready on a floured surface roll the dough out into a large rectangle, adding flour as needed. Spread the dough with 5 tablespoons softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
6. Fold the dough in half. Cut into 12-14 strips. Twisting each strip into a loose imperfect knot. Placing each knot onto a cookie sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake at 375 until a little golden on the top. Eat as is or with your favorite homemade icing.