Spring time calls for lemon bars! The perfect tart, sweet treat to enjoy in some beautiful weather! This is also a great recipe to make with your little ones! Especially when pressing the dough!
Let’s get started!
What You Need:
For The Crust:
8 tablespoons of unsalted butter softened
1/2 cup of white sugar
2 cups of flour
A pinch of salt
For The Filling:
3 cups of white sugar
2 grated lemons for lemon zest
1 cup of fresh lemon juice
1 cup of flour
Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- For the crust, mix together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Then add the flour and salt. Mix well, don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Once all combined flatten the dough into a 9 by 13 glass baking dish.
- Bake the crust for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly browned. While crust is baking prepare your filling.
- For the filling, mix together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over hot crust and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the filling is set and not wobbly. Let cool to room temperature. Then chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares. Enjoy!
Tip: place lemon bars in freezer for 30 mins and once removed will be easier to cut squares!