This amount of frosting is good for 24 cupcakes or a 9×13 size cake. There may be a little extra just to eat! Yum!
What You Need:
1 8oz pack of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup (1stick) of unsalted butter (softened)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
A small squeeze of a lemon (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl except for the lemon. Mix well until smooth and creamy.
2. Now take the lemon and squeeze just a little bit of lemon juice to give the frosting a sweet tangy taste. Mix well. Taste, and add more if needed.
3. Spread on cupcakes, muffins, breads, whatever your little heart desires.
Note: store any left over frosting in the fridge. Frosting is good for 3-5 days.
If it’s looking like this picture below the cream cheese or butter may not have been softened enough. No worries though! Just let the frosting sit out for a bit. Then mix again with an electric mixture.
I let it sit out and then we re-mixed it. Smooth and creamy, just what we wanted!
This recipe can be used to make a banana bread loaf or banana bread muffins! If you choose to make banana bread instead of the muffins I would suggest sprinkling a little brown sugar right on top before baking! It provides a sweet crusty top!
What you will need:
2 to 3 very ripe bananas
1 8oz package of cream cheese
1/2 cup of unsalted melted butter
3/4 to 1 cup of sugar
A pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 beaten egg
Brown sugar for sprinkling on top before baking (optional)
1. In a medium bowl mix together with an electric mixer the bananas, cream cheese, and melted butter.
2. Next add the sugar, salt, and baking soda.
3, Then add vanilla extract and the beaten egg.
4. Last, add your flour and mix well.
5. What you want to do now is butter your muffins tins and pour batter into the tins. Distributing equally. (If making banana bread loaf sprinkle a little brown sugar and pat into bread *optional*)
6. Place in oven at 350 for 12-15 mins. Oven time may vary. Be sure to check on them. They are done when the tops are little golden.
*if baking a banana bread loaf bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick or butterknife comes out clean*