A great way to start Fall. Full of flavor and so yummy! Enjoy!
Servings: 10-15 large waffles or 20 to 25 small waffles
What You Need:
3 large eggs
1 1/3 cup of milk
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (the real stuff)
3 tablespoons of unsalted melted butter
1 cup of canned pumpkin NOT THE WHOLE CAN (save the remaining pumpkin for a different treat)
2 cups of all purpose flour
1/4 cup packed of light brown sugar
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt or “a pinch”
2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice seasoning
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. In one large bowl mix together your dry ingredients. In another medium/large bowl mix together your wet ingredients.
2. Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients.
3. Heat up your waffle iron to a high setting and cook as directed to your waffle maker. ***Since these are made with pumpkin they can have a difficult time getting to that crisp texture but I have a tip below!***
serve these with whipped cream and a cinnamon apple recipe!
Waffle Making Tips:
• a good indicator that your waffle is complete is little steam or no more steam is present.
• waffle maker didn’t make them crisp the way you like it? No problem. Once waffles are complete pop them into your oven or toaster oven at 250 and bake them for a bit. Delish! (Toaster worker too if you made them enough)
• would definitely recommend freezing. Store in a freezer safe bag using parchment paper to separate the waffles. If you know you’re going to be freezing while making then definitely don’t aim for waffle perfection. Cook them a little soft so when they are reheated they are perfect! A yummy quick breakfast!