2. Line a baking sheet with foil and place bacon strips on the sheet. (If you have a metal rack you can place that on the foil and then lay the bacon on that. This is optional and not absolutely necessary. If you don’t have a metal rack it will still come out yummy!)
3. Bake bacon for 12 minutes; when it’s sizzling and brown a little. Pull bacon out, flip the strips, and sprinkle on brown sugar mixture. Allow to bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes or to your liking.
4. Once done use tongs to lay on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel to soak up excess grease. Serve warm or room temperature!
Had one of those nights where I really just needed to use what I had. Threw all of this together and it was so flavorful and delicious!
When it comes to the ingredients you can always had less or more. You want more Parmesan cheese, add more! More garlic? Garlic it up! This is just the gist! Get creative and have fun!
What You Need:
1 family size bag of spinach and cheese tortelloni (20 oz found in the frozen food aisle)
2 heads of broccoli chopped and broken into smaller pieces
A handful of salami cut into strips (snack size work just fine)
1 tomato diced or a handful of cherry tomatoes (whatever you have)
Jarred minced garlic (3-4 tablespoons)
Parmesan cheese (1/4 to 1/2 cup)
Salt, pepper, chili flakes, fresh rosemary (fresh is best)
1-2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1. Place chopped broccoli on a pan sheet with foil. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red chili flakes. Add 2 tablespoons of garlic. Mix well until all combined. Add more olive oil if necessary. Bake at 400 for 15 mins.
2. Cook the tortelloni as directed.
3. Once the broccoli is done, add the salami strips and tomatoes and cook for an additional 5 mins. Just so it’s warm and a little soft.
4. Place the tortelloni in a large bowl and add the butter. Once melted add the roasted broccoli mixture. Next add Parmesan cheese, fresh rosemary, and drizzle some more olive oil. (I also added just a bit of sea salt.)
Enjoy with a glass of red wine! Some crusty bread with butter would be so good with this too!