What You Need:
1 12oz bag of wide egg noodles
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1-2 teaspoons of garlic (fresh or jar)
1 small package of mushrooms
3/4 cup of chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper for taste
2 cups of sharp white cheddar cheese shredded
2 cups chopped chicken or 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
Chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish (optional)
1. Boil a medium to large pot of water. When water is boiling add a few dashes of salt and then cook pasta according to directions. Reserving 3/4 cup of pasta water.Set aside when done.
2. In a large skillet melt butter and sauté onion and garlic until tender.
3. Add mushrooms and continue to sauté until cooked and tender.
4. Add chicken stock, heavy cream, cheese, and season with salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and cheese is completely melted.
5. Stir in the chicken and pasta in the sauce and add the pasta water. Turn off heat and mix well, allowing to sit for little for sauce to thicken.
6. Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
**** This taste amazing the next day too! ****